Ward Road Ranch
245 acres (additional land available) located just an hour and half from DFW in Young county, Texas. This tract has had all of the hard work done already. There is a good infrastructure of roads throughout the ranch, ponds have been dug and stocked. Electric and a water well are in place along with four RV hook-ups set up with septic. This particular tract is made up of mostly oak trees with a few scattered mesquites. Selective clearing has been completed opening up the ranch for more quality grazing and hunting areas.
- From Jacksboro or Graham take Hwy 380 west. Once in New Castle take FM 251 north for 3.8 miles. Drive east on Ward Road for 3 miles, property will be on the south side of the road.
- Five surface ponds
- 3 drainage creeks with one holding water year around on normal year precipitation
- Water well
- Gently rolling with two sites boasting great views to the north-west
- Tree cover thick in areas with it being mostly oak trees
- Native grass to improved/tillable pasture on roughly 15 acres. (old dove field)
- Campers area set up for 4 RV’s. This includes water taps, electric and sewer taps.
- Very nice outhouse for the folks that prefer a real bathroom experience…
- 3 of the surface ponds have been cleaned out so you have the year around water for wildlife and cattle.
- Culverts have been installed in areas around the ranch where needed.
- Deer, turkey, ducks, hogs and dove. This ranch has been managed for large deer and not been commercially hunted making it an amazing experience for the weekend hunter.
- There always seems to be some flaws on each ranch a person looks at. This tract in my opinion really doesn’t have any. There is no oil and gas production, no highlines and no wind turbines. The land around this tract is fairly open so it seems like a lot of the wildlife gets sucked into the 245 acres for cover. I have personally seen tremendous amount of deer and turkeys on this place. The only negative that I can possibly think of is there are two sides of the ranch that the fencing is in okay shape but there is a reason why it hasn’t been replaced, the owner didn’t want to doze the 24” oak trees in its path. The fence still keeps cattle in.
Property Type: Ranches & Recreational
MLS ID: 14143829
Lot Size: 245 acres
Date Added: July 19, 2019
Hwy 380W from Graham. Drive approx. 6 mi to Rux Rd & turn North. Turn East on Ward Rd. Go approx. 2 miles & property will be on the South side of rd.
Disclosures & Reports
All information herein considered reliable but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information on this MLS sheet, flyer or website including but not limited to schools, square footage, acres, taxes, easements and minerals.