Grand Oaks ranch is an 540 acre high fenced ranch located just 1 hour and 35 minutes west of DFW. This ranch has road frontage on FM 183 and CR 164 making it easy access from coming from the north or the south. The land has outstanding rolling topography with live oak hills and a great mixture of live oak and mesquite flats. Scattered ponds yield sustainable water for the wildlife and cattle while also providing excellent duck hunting and bass fishing. There are three cultivated areas planted in winter wheat on the ranch ranging from 2 acres to 36 acres.
- 5 Ponds scattered throughout the ranch with majority of them stocked with fish
- 1 water meter on CR 164
- Gently rolling hills with multiple knolls that boast huge views
- Tree Cover—Heavily wooded in areas in live oak, post oak and mesquite
- Underbrush—Heavy; Lotebrush, elbowbrush and skunkbrush
- Native Grasses along with 40 +/- acres in winter wheat
- Perimeter of the 560 acres is high fenced
- 36 acre cultivated field is barbed wire fenced
- 1 cross fenced within the 560 acres
- Pipe cattle pens
- Extensive UTV and truck roads throughout the ranch taking you to feeders and stands
- 2 water meters
- Electric ran to the shop and home
- 14 corn/protein feeders
- 3 box blinds
- 9 bow stands
- 1,600 sqft metal framed lodge with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- 18’X16’ kitchen
- 24’x16 living area
- 12’x13’ bedroom with full bath
- 13’x13’ bedroom with full bath
- 20’x40’ covered parking
- 1,200 sq ft shop/living combo
- 12’x11’ bedroom with full bath
- 8’x12’ bedroom
- 30’x26’ shop area with washer and dryer
- South Texas deer genetics were introduced in 2009 and then again in 2015. This ranch is in an MLD 3 which lets the deer season start earlier and end later. This years biologist recommendation is to harvest 14 does and 17 bucks. Deer range in size from 140” to 190” class. Being on this ranch I will say these deer are wild, completely unlike other high fence ranches I have ever seen. Biologist estimates that there are roughly 149 deer on this ranch.
- Duck, dove and quail
- Bass and perch
- Sellers do own some of the minerals and they will be conveyed with the ranch sale.
- There one pump jack in the far SW corner of the property
- 3 miles of frontage on CR 164
- From I-20 and Eastland, take FM 112 north for 10.2 miles, north of Hwy 183 for 10.5 miles, left on FM 576 for 1.3 miles then take another left on CR 164. Ranch is on the east side of the road.
- From Breckenridge drive south of Hwy 183 for 5.7 miles turn right on FM 576 for 1.3 miles, left on CR 164 for 1.2 miles. Ranch entry is on the east side of the road.
- When it comes to a turn-key ranch, this is it. The homes are like new and the overall condition of the ranch is in fantastic shape. All furnishings, feeders, blinds will be convey in the ranch sale. I look at a lot of properties every year, you can enjoy this ranch the day of closing. All of the hard work has been done already.
**ADDITIONAL ACREAGE MAY BE ADDED
MLS ID: 14266737
Lot Size: 540 Acres
Date Added: November 12, 2019
Disclosures & Reports
All information herein considered reliable but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information on this MLS sheet, flyer or website including but not limited to schools, square footage, acres, taxes, easements and minerals.