208 N. Main St. Suite 100 Weatherford, TX 76086 | Phone: 817-594-8183
This 3,977 acre high-fenced hunting/recreational ranch is located just a few miles south of Abilene, TX. This ranch has tremendous deer, quail, dove and duck hunting. This property encompasses both rolling terrain and elevated views. Habitat includes thick native and improved grasses, a variety of high protein brush, huge live oaks, red oaks, cedar elms and mesquites. Improvements include: paved runway, aircraft hanger/barn, two ranch homes, dog kennels, shooting range, 33 stock ponds, 6 wells and miles of caliche roads.
Oak Creek Ranch
Conveniently located between San Angelo and Abilene – two largely populated cities in West Texas. Both cities have large airports with multiple inbound and outbound flights, including jet service. The Ranch itself spans Coke and Runnels counties and is located on Highway 277 approximately half way between Abilene and San Angelo. The approximate distance from each city is 40 miles.
· 4000 Acres
· Sandy loam soil, clay and caliche deposits
· Live Oaks, Post Oaks, Mesquite, Cedars, Pecans and scattered low brush
· Rolling hills and pastures with a high point of 2100’ elevation
· Many elevated observation points and or home sites
· Oak Creek meanders through ranch (approximately 2 miles)
· 33 in ground stock tanks (some in excess of 25’ in depth when full)
· Mapped point of interest – Hog Mountain
· Indian and early pioneer artifacts abundant
· 1.3 Miles of frontage on Hwy 277.
· Ranch House – 6 bedrooms three baths with fireplace, central heat and air and covered front porch. Approximately 2,000 square feet with ample parking.
· Guest House/Ranch Hand House – 3 bedrooms 2 baths, fireplace including central heat and air. Approximately 1,500 square feet.
· Hanger/Barn – Two large rolling doors enabling large heavy equipment or aircraft storage. Electricity and plumbing equipped. Fully insulated with a concrete pad. Approximate square footage 3,500. Located within the hanger is a walk in cooler and deer cleaning station.
· Dog Kennels – 8 Stalls with cement floor, misters, and a wash out trough. (45’x14’)
· Shooting Range Shed and 500 yard range complete with steel targets every 100 yards
3850’ x 38’ Sealed Asphalt runway with a 10’ grass buffer zone on each side. There is roughly 25,000 square feet of sealed asphalt adjoining the hanger and the runway. Additionally, around the hanger is another 15,000 to 20,000 square feet of gravel parking.
· All weather caliche road system throughout entire ranch. The road system is continuously maintained (Bladed, Repaired, Filled etc.)
· 75+ miles of game/hunting roads. This road system enables convenient access to every pasture and hunting location on the ranch. These roads are also continually maintained.
· Two cement creek crossings
· One cement bridge spanning Oak Creek
· Cattle guards are located at the ranch entrance as well as each separate pasture. (10 cattle guards in total)
· Caliche pit – This is a very large quantity of caliche enabling all existing or new roadways to be built or maintained without importation of material.
· Front Entrance – Luders Stone and Steel entry gate with electric and solar functionality including keypad accessibility. The entrance is illuminated and landscaped in typical West Texas fashion. The front gate area is landscaped with gravel and boulders. As expected, two flagpoles are present and the United States and Texas flag are illuminated and flown with pride. The high fence is re-routed around the entry gate as to not impact the visual appearance of the entrance.
· High Fence Entry Gate – the high fence entrance is located a short distance beyond the ranch entrance and contains a doublewide cattle guard enabling this to be left open if desired.
· There is approximately 15 miles of high fencing containing all 4000 acres of Oak Creek Ranch (the fencing is state of the art tight lock construction with 2.75” steel posts)
· The high fence includes 6 large, robustly constructed water gap sections for the large creek crossings
· There are 8 self contained pastures each of which is low fenced and contains cattle guards
· Ranch house is also separated from any adjoining pastures with a low fence and cattle guard
· Constructed with 2.75” steel piping
· Self latching gates
· Cattle pens located within a water trap
· Adjacent to main caliche road system
· Lifetime easement/accessibility to water tap and pressurized water system. All equipment, water lines, storage tank, pump motor and other related items associated with this easement are owned by Oak Creek Ranch. Pressurized water is routed to the hanger to support miscellaneous game related activities. This system is also routed throughout the ranch for livestock and game management.
· Water well used to supply the main ranch house (15 gallons per minute).
· There are 6 solar wells with aluminum troughs strategically located throughout the ranch
· There are 4 cement troughs located within cattle traps fed by the pressurized water system
· There are 12 aluminum troughs also fed by the pressurized water system strategically placed throughout the ranch.
· There are 33 in ground stock tanks scattered throughout the ranch – some in excess of 25’ deep.
· Participating in MLD 3 Deer management program, under high fence, for 6 years
· Continuous management and supervision by Texas State biologists
· Year round feeding for all game
· Types feed include: Black Eyed Peas, Protein Pellets, Garbanzo Beans, Milo, and Food Plots
Deer (Further Elaboration available with Biologist or Owner)
· 1 per 14 acres (Roughly 300 Deer)
· Maintaining 1:1 Buck to Doe Ratio
· Population Roughly .5 birds per acre (2000 birds)
· 2012-2013 Season – 15 coveys a day pointed by dogs. Approximately 12-18 bird coveys.
· 300-400 Find Oak Creek Ranch as their home
Duck and Dove
· Very abundant duck and dove population
· Duck Species: Mallards, Pintails, Gadwalls, Widgeons, Red Heads, Teal, Canvas Back, and others.
· Dove Species – Morning and White wing
· 20 Tripod and Quad Archery Stands
· 20 Rifle Stands, 14 of which are box blinds (Box blinds are 1 man to 3 man style blinds – most of which are elevated)
Feeders / Protein Pens
· 30-35 300lb spin cast feeders
· 150-175 free choice quail feeders
· 19 fenced free choice protein feed stations (total aggregate 10 tons)
· 9 food plots (75-80 acres in total 4 of which are low fenced)
· 20 Acres of food strips planted for quail and turkey
· John Deere 450C Back Hoe
· New Holland (100 horse) A/C cab
· 5-7 Yard Dump Trailer
· Two Pick Up Trucks (2003 F-250 Diesel Crew Cab – 2012 F-150)
· Kawasaki Mule Trans 4×4 with high seat (Typical Quail Setup)
· Mobile welding trailer
· 500 Gallon Water trailer
· 10’ offset disc
· 8’ Bush Hog
· 500lb Grain Spreader/Hopper
· 3.5 Ton Feeder Filler Trailer
· Two 14 Ton Feed Bins/Hopper
· Mobile wobble trap skeet thrower
· Far too many items to list. Typical items needed to maintain a ranch and its equipment.
Property Type: Ranches & Recreational
Lot Size: 3,977 Acres
Date Added: June 4, 2018
All information herein considered reliable but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information on this MLS sheet, flyer or website including but not limited to schools, square footage, acres, taxes, easements and minerals