Who Qualifies for Agricultural and Timber Exemptions?

If you are a farmer, rancher or timber producer engaged in one of the activities listed below, you qualify for tax exemption on the purchase of certain items used to produce your agricultural and timber products for sale.

All purchasers, including non-Texas residents, must have a valid agricultural and timber registration number (ag/timber number) issued by the Comptroller to claim exemption from Texas tax.

If you do not have a valid ag/timber number, you must pay tax to retailers on your purchases.

Your business type must be listed below to qualify for tax exemption on certain items or for an ag/timber number.


Which Activities Qualify?


Which Activities do NOT Qualify?

Application for AG/Timber Number

AG Exemption Application (1 – D – 1 Form)

More Information on Texas AG Exemption